Meet Josh Bowles
Meet Josh Bowles, one of the engineers of the new GZL truck campers! Josh enjoys working at EarthCruiser because he has the freedom to express his personality through his work. He also likes how everyone here works as a team! Josh hopes to see the industry really take off in Central Oregon as there are many opportunities for backcountry exploration in an EarthCruiser. He hopes to gain experience and overlanding knowledge just as fast as the company is growing!
Josh was born in Redmond, Oregon, but spent his high school years in a town called Joshua, Texas just south of Fort Worth. After graduation in 2001, he moved back to Oregon where he has been ever since. Outside of work, Josh enjoys playing basketball regularly, golf when he can, attempting to accomplish his honey-do list at home, hunting in the Fall, and camping every chance he gets during the Summer with his family. Josh and his wife would like to visit Europe soon; spend some time in Germany, then continue to France, Spain, and eventually make it down to Italy. His dream vehicle would be a Ford F-350, King Ranch Edition, Power-stroke diesel, equipped with a GZL of course!
“What – If Questions”
If you were an animal what animal would you be?
– My spirit animal would be an elk because they have been elusive to me.
If you had a superpower what would it be?
– Superhuman strength and to be bullet proof.
What would you buy if you won the lottery?
– I would make sure that my immediate and close family was taken care of, then would invest the rest of it. Either in real estate or business ventures.
What was the last book you read?
– “Give Me Liberty!” by Eric Foner, because of a ridiculous History class.
If you could only eat and drink one item for the rest of your life what would it be?
– I am a meat and potatoes kind of guy, so a nice cut of ribeye, medium rare, with a Deschutes beer.
If you could switch lives with a cartoon character who would it be?
– I would switch lives with Peter Griffin. That show is just hilarious.
What scares you the most?
– Outliving one of my children.
Do you have any hidden talents you would like to share?
– At the ripe old age of 34, I can still dunk a basketball.
What is the craziest thing you have ever done?
– Went way too fast on a motorcycle, at night, east of Bend.
Thank you for taking the time to get to know Josh Bowles.