EarthCruiser Service Technician Logan C, a previous sushi chief, shares his mother’s recipe, Golden Tofu. It’s an easy recipe that’s quick to assemble while camping or while cooking on the road.
This is a recipe my mom passed down to me based loosely on one of my favorite restaurants in Georgia, The Grit. It’s a super simple recipe and all the ingredients are easy to find and keep for a while, it’s called golden tofu.
- 1 brick of tofu chopped into about 1.5” cubes (it’s good to dry out the tofu by pressing it with a towel)
- 1 head of broccoli chopped
- 1 bell pepper rough chopped, diced, or julienned
- About 3 tablespoons of soy sauce
- About 2 tablespoons of Worcestershire sauce
- 1.25 cups of nutritional yeast flakes
- Salt and Pepper to taste
I usually dry fry my tofu by heating up the pan without oil until it makes a satisfying noise when you touch the tofu to it and then toss all Campyour tofu in and turn it as needed. once the surface of the tofu is a nice golden brown throw your broccoli, bell pepper, Worcestershire, and soy sauce and let it simmer until it starts to cook down for a few minutes until the broccoli starts to soften up and hold in some of the flavors but is still very green. Once you add the nutritional yeast flakes it will thicken so be sure to keep everything moving so it all gets some good flavor. Add salt and Pepper to taste, and best served with rice and sriracha.