EarthCruiser Sales Executive, Colin C. an avid fly fisher, shares his favorite fish camping recipe
this month. Colin states, “This is my go-to recipe on those cold fishing and camping trips. But, of
course, nothing beats some fresh-caught fried fish! Tight lines, my friends.”
- 3 or 4 fresh-caught trout
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ stick of butter
- ½ cup of flour
- 1 teaspoon salt (more or less to taste)
- ½ teaspoon fresh black pepper
- ½ teaspoon oregano
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Clean, scale, and rinse the trout under cold water, making sure there are no blood
- vessels left in the cavity.
- Make 3-4 diagonal cuts on each side of the fish just a little deeper than the skin.
- Pat the fish dry and set it aside.
- Mix the flour, salt, pepper, oregano, and cayenne in a shallow bowl.
- Melt the butter and olive oil over medium heat in a large frying pan.
- Dredge the fish in the flour mixture until well coated.
- Fry in the oil and butter, turning once to cook thoroughly.
- The trout is ready to serve when it flakes easily with a fork.
Eat well on the road and enjoy!