We are grateful for the interest in EarthCruiser and the company growth that it’s brought. As a result, we are aggressively building up our team and have several open job positions for full-time production technicians.
We are seeking self-motivated and proficient individuals to join our growing manufacturing team and work with smart and dedicated people in the overlanding industry.
As you can imagine, working at EarthCruiser has a ton of benefits, especially if you’re someone who has a passion for exploring the outdoors – and helping others do the same. Among the many reasons you’ll love this job:
- Stay busy. You and your team are engaged the entire shift.
- Work less than half the year! Our schedule is a [4 on 3 off] [3 on 4 off] Monday through Thursday. Overtime is available
- Career advancement. We have made a pledge to provide our employees a clear pathway for career advancement.
- New skills. Depending on the role and location, you’ll learn how to operate various tools, electrical, fabrication, fiberglass, and mechanical.
- Team environment. Work with teams that support each other and have fun working in a high paced environment. No assembly lines.
We offer a competitive package that seeks to fairly compensate our workers and provide a corporate-valued work-life balance. Work hard, play hard is a living motto over here. Benefits include:
- Eligible coverage for Health, Vision, and Dental on the first day of the month following 60 days of employment. We provide three health benefits options with Regence Blue Cross Oregon. EarthCruiser pays 90 percent of the employee-only premium with comes to employee cost bi-Weekly ranging from $21.09 to $54.05. Employees can add Spouses/Families/Dependents to their insurance plans, with the employee paying 100% of this additional premium cost. We provide optional voluntary life, critical illness, accident, Voluntary long-term disability, and voluntarily short-term disability.
- $21 per hour starting pay, with an effective pay range of $22.75-$37.00 per hour based on certifications and overtime
- Paid Holidays: we have 6 paid holidays and 2 weeks of accrued paid vacation with eligibility after a 90-day probation period.
- Two extra weeks extra off for summer and winter shutdown based on hitting performance metrics.
- $500 sign on bonus after 90 days of employment
- Career growth and opportunities for promotions. We consider internal promotions first!
- Employee Purchases, outdoor industry pro deals, tuition reimbursement
- After hours shop use upon management approval
Want to know if you’re the right fit? Here’s a few questions we ask and attributes we look for that will continue to represent the values and work ethic that is important to our culture.
Do you like solving problems and strive for the best quality workmanship? Do you thrive in fast-paced environments with ample opportunity for growth? Are you drawn to adventure?
If so, we are looking for you! Consider jumping aboard for the following reasons:
- Variety and adaptability are the only constants – we build at least one expedition vehicle per month, and you’d be working on all aspects of each vehicle.
- No assembly line here- this is a challenging position that requires keen problem-solving skills. We are always tinkering around and are seeking someone that will appreciate the adventurous aspect of our work environment.
- Take pride in working for a company renowned globally for creating best-in-class expedition vehicles.
- Grow your skills in a myriad of disciplines: fabrication, fiberglass, electrical, mechanical, and plumbing.
- Flexible work schedule with 12-hour shift (day shift preferred) Monday to Thursday, 4 on 3 off, 3 on 4 off.
Curious to know more? Read on for an overview of production technician duties, responsibilities, qualifications and preferred experience. If you don’t have the preferred experience but do have the passion and heart for what we do, we will conduct training for the right candidates:
- Communicate verbally with co-workers to keep a safe working environment.
- Follow written and verbal instructions to complete tasks.
- Utilize check lists to track progression of work.
- Follow instructions to install plumbing and electrical systems.
- Cut, sand, and bond fiberglass.
- Design, troubleshoot, and install electrical charging, monitoring, and battery systems.
- Perform electrical tests as needed.
- Lift light and/or heavy parts on and off a cart, floor, shelf, etc.
- Operate forklifts, hoists, hand power tools, slings, grinders, and other hand tools.
- Read, understand, and follow job order specifications, engineering drawings, and/or work orders.
- Willingness to cross-train and perform the work of other job tasks in addition to the primary assigned position.
- Inspect equipment for safety and function. If any equipment needs repairs, notify supervisor/lead.
- Perform a variety of complicated tasks, as required.
- Understanding and adhering to all safety standards and requirements.
Production Technician Qualifications
- Do you have experience using service tools?
- Do you have any automotive experience?
- Regularly lifting and moving up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lifting and moving up to 50 pounds with or without assistance
- Problem-solving skills
- Education: High school or equivalent (Preferred)
Significant experience with all variety of shop tools
- Understand the differences in wires, harnesses, cables, and tools.
- Rely on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Demonstrate willingness to work with others in a team environment.
- Positive, willingness to learn and participate in a changing environment to reach a common goal.
Interested in applying? Come by our headquarters with your resume or click here to apply on Indeed.
Working in Production at EarthCruiser: